Back to School
The First Day of School for the 2023-24 School Year is August 29, 2023. View the Board of Education approved 2023-2024 Academic Calendar here.
NOTE: We are updating this page with current resources; please ignore last year's resources, as they will eventually be replaced. Yes, this page is live but still under construction. Thank you!
- School Meal Information, including free and reduced lunch application and menus, for the the 2023-2024 School Year
- Department of Public Health/Connecticut State Department of Education Guidance: Operational Strategies
- Fall Sports: Fall Sports registrations are now available on FamilyID.com. If you already have an account with FamilyID, simply log in and search for Griswold Athletics. Select the appropriate sport and complete the registration process. Use this link for FamilyID Registration Information detailed information about creating a FamilyID account. The nurse will need a paper copy of the student's most recent physical. A valid physical exam is good for 13 months. No athlete will be permitted to participate without a completed registration and a valid physical on file with the school nurse.
Griswold High School
Thank you for joining us for "Wolverine Induction" for the Freshmen Class of 2027 and New Students and our Family Information Night on Wednesday, August 23, 2023.
2023-24 Student Handbook - includes student policies, contacts
Summer 2023 Memos
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- We'll be back to Weekly Memos during the school year! If you do not receive Principal Palonen’s weekly memos via email on Fridays, please contact the GHS Main Office at 860-376-7640.
There is no supply list for high school. Rather, students will receive a course syllabus on the first days of school with required/recommended materials for class. All students will also receive an agenda, which is required every day in every class. For the first days of school, we recommend a simple notebook and writing utensil. Please contact the main office for any support needed with supplies!
Griswold Middle School
Schedules, Hours and Procedures:
- School begins at 7:30 a.m.
- If students are driven to school, parents are asked to drop off their students in the horseshoe at 7:20 a.m.
- Students are asked to be seated in their homerooms by 7:30 a.m.
- Dismissal is at 2:19 p.m.
Griswold Elementary School
Grade Level Classroom Supply Lists 2023-2024