Who can join the PTO?
Parents/Guardians of a GES Student, GES Staff, and Griswold Community Members are welcome to join. There are no membership dues.
When does the PTO meet?
GES PTO Meetings take place on the third Tuesday of each month during the school year from 6-7pm in the GES Library Media Center. Meeting times will be posted on our Facebook page and also in the Wednesday folder.
What does the PTO do at GES?
The PTO works to support the students and teachers/staff of GES. The PTO works with various stakeholders to identify ways we can help both with volunteers and financially. There are several fundraisers held throughout the course of the year that impact the projects we facilitate and fund.
Some recent examples of ways the PTO supports GES:
- has funded field trips, including all students K-4 to the Education Day Field Trip at Dodd Stadium
- facilitates Staff Appreciation events
- supports enrichment classes during and after school such as "Music and Movement" classes
- hosts age-appropriate social events, such as the "Kids Invite Someone Special" Glow Dances
How can I support the GES PTO?
If you cannot join the PTO and donate your time, financial donations are always welcome.
Checks made payable to "GES PTO" can be mailed to the Elementary School at 303 Slater Avenue, Griswold, CT 06351, or sent in with a student to give to the school secretaries. Donations are 100% Tax-deductible. Please check with your employer to see if they will match your donation! You can also Venmo @GES-PTO-2
Who are the PTO Officers?
The 2022-23 GES PTO Officers are:
- Co-Chairs, Rebecca Cluff & Rebecca Wyzycki
- Secretary, Liz Rhoads
- Treasurer, Shivon McKibben
Contact the GES PTO at GESPTO@griswoldpublicschools.org
Or visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/griswoldpto