The Griswold Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a non-profit organization that exists for charitable, educational and scientific purposes, including the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and incorporated in the State of Connecticut.
The purpose of the PTO is to enhance and support the educational experience at Griswold Middle School, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parental involvement, and to improve the environment at Griswold Middle School through volunteer and financial support.
Who can join the PTO?
Parents/Guardians of a GMS Student, GMS Staff, and Griswold Community Members are welcome to join. There are no membership dues.
When does the PTO meet?
We meet once per month on the second Wednesday of each month. Meeting times are 2:30-3:30 p.m. Parents can attend in person or virtually.
What does the PTO do at GMS?
The PTO works to support the students and teachers/staff of GMS. The PTO works with various stakeholders to identify ways we can help both with volunteers and financially. There are several fundraisers held throughout the course of the year that impact the projects we facilitate and fund.
Some examples from past years:
- The PTO paid for the purchase and installation of a touchless water fountain in the main hallway at Griswold Middle School
- The PTO facilitates four (4) school activity/fun nights per year
- The PTO funded science enrichment materials
- The PTO welcomed Brown University for Cultural Enrichment in the 8th grade Spanish classes
- The PTO facilitates Staff Appreciation events
- The PTO helps fund the 5th grade pizza party
- And much more!
Who are the PTO Officers?
The 2021-22 GMS PTO Officers are:
- Co-chairs, Melissa Wooten and Sheri Marchand
- Secretary, Angela McVeigh
- Treasurer, Greta Silva
Contact the PTO at GMSPTO@griswoldpublicschools.org
Or visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/griswoldmiddleschoolpto
PTO meeting notes, news, and upcoming fundraisers are published to the GMS Now blog.