Future Students

How you can Prepare for GHS

Incoming 9th Grade Students:

  • Recommendations from 8th grade teachers are made for Core Classes (English, World History, Math, Earth/Space Science, & Spanish). These recommendations are made with the following considerations in mind:

    • 8th grade academic performance

    • Available standardized data (SBAC, NGSS, MAP, etc.)

    • Work habits

  • All 9th grade students are enrolled in Health and Physical Education

  • 9th grade students have space for 1-2 credits of elective choices. During the spring, students receive information from their school counseling office about elective selection. A representative from GHS also meets with small groups of students from our sending towns to assist with the process and answer any questions. A Study Hall is highly encouraged for the 1st semester of high school to aid in the transition.


Transfer Students

  • Credits and academic history are transferred as recorded onto a Griswold High School transcript. Grade levels are assigned based on credits earned:

    • Grade 9: less than 6 credits

    • Grade 10: 6 credits

    • Grade 11: 12 credits

    • Grade 12: 18 credits

  • If the academic year is underway, the current schedule of courses at the student’s prior school will be matched as closely as possible

    • Grades received to date from courses at previous school will transfer into the student’s new schedule of courses

    • The student’s school counselor will complete a credit audit and ensure the student is placed in courses required for graduation


Take the first step for registering at GHS:

Griswold High School is an option for students residing in Griswold and Jewett City, as well as our partner towns of Canterbury, Franklin, Lisbon, Norwich, Preston, Sprague, and Voluntown. Learn more about GHS here.

If your student is interested in attending Griswold High School as a Freshman or as a transfer student, please fill out the interest form and our Griswold High School Counseling team will get back to you with registration information. Please select the appropriate Google Form link below: 




Next Steps:

Start getting your registration materials ready!

Here are several pieces of information you will need to register:

  • Proof of Residency
    • For students who reside in Griswold and Jewett City who are not yet registered in the Griswold Public Schools district, you need to provide 2 forms of address
    • For students in sending towns (Canterbury, Franklin, Lisbon, Norwich, Preston, Voluntown, or Sprague), please contact your Superintendent's Office/District's Central Office for your Permission to Register Form
  • Student's Birth Certificate 
  • Student's Physical & Immunization Record
  • Copy of student's transcript from previous school and copy of last report card
  • Copy of Parent/Guardian's ID or License 
  • Several GHS Registration Forms (to be provided by GHS School Counseling department after Interest form is completed)
  • If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch, please ask for that required forms

Registration packets will need to be returned via fax, email, snail mail, or in person to the GHS Office.