Financial Aid Information
A Powerpoint on the Financial Aid Process:
Students may apply for financial aid for all accredited post-secondary programs.
There are 3 main types of forms to be aware of for financial aid:
1). FAFSA - www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Please make sure that you are on the correct web site: this form is FREE.
- The form must be completed on-line AFTER October 1st of each year of school
- Both the student and parent must have a Financial Aid Username & Password (www.FSAid.ed.gov)
- this is your electronic signature
2). CSS Profile –
- Check with individual colleges to see if they require this
- This form is mainly for private institutions & includes more detailed financial information than the FAFSA
3). Institutional Forms
- Check with the individual schools once you submit your application for supplemental financial aid forms that they may require
The sites above will allow students to access both “free money” such as grants & merit aid along with low-cost federal loans. Please note that all students should also apply for scholarships through Naviance and by doing scholarship searches through sites such as www.fastweb.com
The Best Scholarship Search Platforms