Griswold Public Schools Technology Department
The goal of Griswold Public Schools Technology Department is to serve the teachers, staff and students in all aspects of technology within the district. We provide professional development and technical support with the ultimate goal of improving student learning and preparing our students with 21st century skills.
GPS Help Desk
Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
If there is no answer, our team may be on the line helping another family. Please leave a message so we can call you back as soon as possible.
- Since this problem is often caused by the battery going into "storage mode" by being drained completely, make sure the Chromebook is plugged in when you do these steps.
- With the Chromebook off, press and hold ecs + refresh arrow + power for 2 or 3 seconds
- Once you see the white screen with the pictures of a thumbdrive and sd card asking for recovery media, power down the Chromebook by pressing just the power button.
- Wait 30 seconds and press power to turn the Chromebook back on. It may take up to a minute to come back on.
- Log into your Chromebook as you normally would.
- If this doesn't fix the issue, only then should you contact the school for help, repair or replacement.