Thanks for seeking information about how you can support Griswold Public Schools!
Various groups and individuals at GPS take initiative to fundraise for classrooms, student programs and extracurricular offerings that fall outside of our school budget.
Please consider helping our schools, teachers, and students via the following fundraising opportunities:
Griswold Public Schools is a district partner of DonorsChoose, a trusted crowdfunding site for schools. Teachers in our district can use DonorsChoose to fundraise for technology and materials for classroom projects that get shipped directly to the school. Search 'Griswold Public Schools' at donorschoose.org to see if teachers are currently seeking project donations. We appreciate any amount you can contribute!
Do you shop on Amazon? Consider using smile.amazon.com to contribute part of your orders towards your favorite charity. Amazon Smile has the same products and prices as the Amazon you know, but with Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the 501(c)3 nonprofit you select.
Qualifying GPS non-profits you can support through Amazon Smile include:
- Griswold Elementary School PTO
- Griswold Soccer (Middle School soccer club)
- Griswold High School Project Safegraduation
Make sure charity selected is located in Griswold, Connecticut and not Iowa.
Additionally, from time to time, our Parent Teacher Organizations utilize Amazon wishlists to source materials for events, Teachers Appreciation Week, and more. Look out for calls for donations on our social media channels.
Our Parent Teacher Organizations are always fundraising for specific school projects and events. They frequently host student and family-friendly events to raise funds, such as fun nights/dances, skate nights, bake sales, and more. You can also donate directly to the PTO to support school programs.
Follow our PTOs on Facebook for updates:
- GES PTO Webpage | Facebook Page
- GMS PTO Webpage | Facebook Page
How to donate to the GMS PTO: Checks made payable to "GMS PTO" can be mailed to the Middle School at 211 Slater Avenue, Griswold, CT 06351, or sent in with a student to give to the school secretaries. Donations are 100% Tax-deductible. Please check with your employer to see if they will match your donation! You can also donate on Venmo: email@example.com.
- GHS PTO Webpage | Facebook Page
Other Current GPS-related Fundraisers: (as of May 2022)
- #nicksride GoFundMe: Help GHS senior Nick Guile's family purchase a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.
- GHS Teacher Mr. Browne launched another GoFundMe on behalf of sr. Nick Guile to incentivize donors with a 27-year-old PB&J sandwich he has held onto since 1994! Donate to the 'Sammich for #nicksride' GoFundMe here.
- Friday, June 3, 2022, at 5:30pm, GHS Sports Management students are hosting a Basketball tournament called "Ballin’ for a Benefit" to raise money for Nick Guile’s handicap-accessible vehicle. The fundraiser also features a 50/50 raffle, popcorn fundraiser, and a pottery sale in collaboration with the art department. Come out on June 3rd to watch students and teachers play in the tournament! Tickets are $5.00 each and are available in the GHS Main Office and at the door on the day of the event.
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022, from 5-7pm, the Tri-M Music Honor Society is hosting the an "Eyes on the Pies" Pizza Competition. 11 local pizza places are donating pizzas to be part of a blind taste-test. Attendees will vote for their favorite pizza, so we can crown one restaurant with the "Best Pizza in Eastern CT." Tickets are $10 per person and is limited to only 150 guests.