2020-2021 Budget Development Information
The Griswold Public Schools 2020-21 Budget Development
NOTE: This page will be updated frequently during the next few months. Please check back often.
Please click on the links below to view and/or print documents
2. Public Hearing Flyer--click here.
Timeline & Presentations
- Monday, February 3rd - Initial Budget Proposal to the Griswold Board of Education
- Monday, February 10th - Public Hearing, 6:00pm, GMS Auditorium
- Monday, February 24th - Board of Education Meeting, 6pm, GMS Library Media Center--The Griswold Board of Education adopted the Initial Budget Proposal.
- Thursday, March 5th - Overview of Initial Budget Proposal for GPS Faculty & Staff, 3:30pm, GMS Auditorium--this is voluntary.
- Thursday, March 5th – Presentation to District Partnership Advisory Council (DPAC), 7pm, GMS Library Media Center.
- Tuesday, March 10th - The Griswold Board of Education presents the Initial Budget Proposal to the Town of Griswold, Board of Finance, 7pm, Griswold Senior Center.
- Wednesday, March 11th - Presentation to the Town of Griswold, Democrat Town Committee, Town Hall, 7pm.
- Tuesday, March 31st (canceled)- Public Hearing on the Budget, 7pm, GHS Cafeteria.
- May TBD- Annual Town Meeting on the budget. The budget goes to town wide referendum following the Town Meeting.
- GIVEN THE UNUSUAL EVENTS WITH COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND GOVERNMENTAL EXECUTIVE ORDERS, THE BUDGET PROCESS THIS YEAR WAS DIFFERENT AND WE DID NOT HAVE REFERENDUM. THE APPROVED BUDGET IS ABOVE.
STATE SENATOR HEATHER SOMERS
oLEGISLATIVE AIDE, Jared Picco
STATE REPRESENTATIVE BRIAN LANOUE