Griswold Middle School
211 Slater AvenueGriswold, CT 06351Main office: (860) 376-7630Fax: (860) 376-7631
Griswold Middle School is a 5-8 grade school of 525 students located in eastern Connecticut. GMS is part of the Griswold Public School campus and each school strives to uphold the district’s mission statement.
The community of Griswold Public Schools educates for excellence by empowering students to become compassionate, confident, creative, resourceful members of society.
ensures the physical, social, and emotional safety of students
- values the contributions and resources of its students, parents, staff, and the community‐at‐large
- inspires all through learning experiences that are relevant, challenging, and meaningful
- develops a culture that promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and integrity
- welcomes the multiple perspectives of its diverse community based on race and ethnicity
- cultivates global perspectives and cultural understandings through world studies and languages
- advances learning through the relevant use of technology in a digitally connected world
- ignites a passion for learning that drives students toward post-secondary success
Griswold Middle School prides itself in caring for all aspects of children. Through high expectations in academics and behavior, tempered by comprehensive access to the Arts and Athletics, we build the structures that enable our students to excel. By working and growing together, we continue to rise to the challenge of providing the best education possible in a climate of change.