GHS Mission and Vision
Griswold High School Mission Statement
The faculty and staff of Griswold High School provide a safe and accepting atmosphere in which
all individuals learn, broaden their horizons, and achieve their full potential. Through the high
expectations of a diverse and challenging curriculum, students acquire the knowledge and skills
essential to take their places as responsible citizens and productive members of society. In alliance
with the community, parents, students and faculty share responsibility for the success of the mission.
21st Century Learning Expectations
1. Students will communicate and receive information utilizing, reading, writing, speaking, and/or artistic/
2. Students will engage in critical thinking and effective problem solving.
3. Students will use real-world digital and other research tools to access, evaluate and effectively apply information
appropriate for authentic tasks.
4. Students will take responsibility in both independent and cooperative learning environments to achieve
Civic and Social Expectations for Student Learning
The Griswold High School graduate:
1. Demonstrates respect for all members of the school community
2. Manages time to meet the demands of academic responsibilities along with social and extra-curricular
3. Accepts responsibility for his or her own actions and behavior
4. Recognizes the importance of social and civic responsibilities to a community
5. Exhibits an understanding of diverse perspectives and cultures
6. Understands the importance of physical fitness and healthy lifestyle choices
Faculty approval 5/3/05 Board of Education approval 5/9/05 Revised Fall 2010